Thursday, November 30, 2017

One down, twenty-three to go

I GOT A STAR WARS ADVENT CALENDAR!  You already knew this if you saw my Instagram, but after the past few years of not having one I finally broke down and caved in.  I had seen them at London Drugs and at work, but they were both $49.99 and I was like that's too much.  I was hoping they'd get cheaper and then I was in London Drugs today and saw it was marked down by $10 plus I had a $5.00 off voucher, so I went for it.  They probably would've gotten cheaper into December, but I figured I didn't want to take a chance and miss out on them.  So here we here again with another month of posts for twenty-four days in a row.


Just by looking at the front of the 2017 calendar it looks to feature characters and ships from more recent Star Wars properties like The Force Awakens.  As an old school Star Wars purist I prefer the original trilogy stuff, but at least there isn't any crap from The Phantom Menace in here...I hope.  Still I was pretty much sold as soon as I saw a snowboarding BB-8.


The cover flap opens to reveal a snow covered Starkiller Base above what looks to be Jakku.  


Here we go!


Once I put all the pieces together I ended up with The Ghost, the ship from the TV show Star Wars Rebels.  I'm pretty sure it's the Ghost anyway.  Come back tomorrow to see what comes out for December 2nd!

Leftover pieces: 4

No comments: