Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Today's new...Part 377

I haven't been out and about hitting up my regular spots in a while, so I had the afternoon off today and went to the thrift store, Phoenix, the other thrift store and then got lunch to go at the Vietnamese place by the "other thrift store".

That is my haul from today!

The first thrift store I went to I got the Transformer DVDs and the three pack of die cast cars(by the Scoobs).  I only bought the cars because there is an old beat up A-Team van in the bag, the others will be going back to the thrift store.  DVDs are 2 for $2 on Tuesday, so I got those two Transformers even though it's technically three discs.  One case has the complete season one on two discs and the other case has the third disc of special features.  Best part of the special features is the vintage Hasbro commercials and a PSA.   I do own the original Rhino release, but I'll probably watch a bit of it and then pass it on to Mike and Eli.

At Phoenix I went in looking for the Wildstorm 25th Anniversary hardcover, but they didn't have it.  I still ended up leaving with a Funko Pop Scooby-Doo, the smaller loose Scooby-Doo as well as DVDs for Dirty Pair Flash and Strange Days.

Then at the other thrift store I got some CDs, a blu-ray and a t-shirt.  They sell CDs/DVDs for $1 each or 4/$1.00 which is some really weird math.  It's crazy cheap though, so you always get at least four.  Of course, it was really  busy and it was hard to look, so I grabbed the four CDs and a fifth movie that I ended up paying $1.00 for but it's only a dollar, so no big deal.  

The movie is the FIFA 2010 World Cup Film and I only bought it because it's in 3D.  Specs on the back says it's 720p, why isn't it 1080p?  I'll check it out and see what it's like.

When I was browsing the CDs this younger 20-ish guy was looking at CDs too and he reached for a copy of Sloan "Twice Removed" and I told him that it was a good album.  He said he had only heard one of their songs on the radio, but wasn't familiar with the band.  Then we just talked about how it's only 25 cents a CD, that it's just so cheap and easy to get bands you haven't heard before.  Then I also recommended Garbage and Metric to him and he said he hadn't heard of any of those bands.  I thought it was a bit weird like, what rock did this guy just crawl out from under?  When I left he said, "Thank you sir for your recommendations." and I was like I gon slap this foo.  He wasn't being rude, he just so polite and seemed a bit naive it's not something you expect from "kids" today.  He was probably religious or raised in cult or something like that, I dunno.

The shirt with the knives on it is actually a Metric shirt, but it's only a medium.  I got it for Logan who also probably doesn't know who Metric are, but that's because he's an ignorant kid.  I'm sure he'll still wear it because it's got knives on it.

And tonight was Halloween and Cody had to work, so I was giving out candy.  It was rainy, but I still had a few kids show up.  I gave a kid and his brother some candy and they said thank you and I said you're welcome then when they were leaving he told me to "Have a good trick or treat." and I replied "You too."  A bit later another little guy came to the door and said "I want candy." and his dad who was standing back a bit down the walk said "You are supposed to say trick or treat."  I said, "That's close enough!" and gave him his candy.  I should've gave him extra candy.

No comments: