Monday, October 23, 2017

No soup for you!

I just thought I'd let you know that I'm back in Cranbrook, but I'm leaving tomorrow.  I was originally hoping to come back to Cranbrook this coming weekend and stay for a bit longer, but due to stupid stuff at work I was only able to come back for four days, Saturday the 21st to Tuesday the 24th.

I wish I could've stayed a bit longer, but I said hi to everyone and got my winter tires on which is major bonus.  If it had snowed and I didn't have my tires then I would've been walking for the rest of the winter.

This afternoon Willie and I hit up our usual spots, in fact some spots we went to twice!   That's because we saw something we wanted, but didn't get it and then caved in later on and went back to get it.  Willie was too cheap to pay $3.00 for a mug, but he found out it was half price, so he went back and bought it. 

I saw a TV/VCR combo at Bibles For Mission, but decided to keep looking because the Salvation Army usually has decent selection as well.  Salvation Army did have two small TVs and one was $5.00, but I ended up going back to Bibles and getting the other TV because it was $5.00 as well, but now I can watch VHS tapes on it.  Plus it has the added bonus of custom artwork on it.



Yes, it does say "FREE SOUP!" on it.  I'm mostly hoping to hook up my old PS1 to it and play some games, so the VHS capability is a plus.  It doesn't have a remote, so I'm really hoping it "knows" which input is selected and will change accordingly because there is not a button on the front to select video source.  There is a "Picture" button on the front, but that is just for settings like colour, brightness, contrast, etc.

I did dig out an old anime VHS tape out of a box and watched it and it worked fine.  I'll have to wait until I get back to Calgary to hook up my PS1 and try it out though.  Bummer it only has a mono audio input, but I have an adapter for that.

We also went to Aabco which you already know if you saw my Instagram because I put up a cat picture.  They are way off on their electronics pricing as they had a TV the same size as the one I got but for $39 which is nuts since it wasn't even a good brand.   Salvation Army is usually the best, but this time I got lucky at Bibles.  Finally, I can watch Nukie and The Double O Kid.

AAAAYYYYYY!

No comments: