Sunday, July 30, 2017

World studies

I posted some pictures of some old posters I found and put on my bare fridge.  Well, I finally have some new magnets to add to that.


My mom was in Toronto a couple months ago for a work conference and went to Niagara Falls and got me this magnet.  Now I have the magnet I don't need to ever visit it.  So majestic...

Around the same time a guy from work took a month off to go on holidays and he told me he was going to Afghanistan, he's from there, so I asked him to bring me back a magnet.  Turns out he actually got me a magnet!  Of course, he couldn't find it, then kept forgetting to bring it to work, but he remembered to bring it last Friday, so now it's stuck on my fridge.


I guess Afghanistan was too dangerous to visit (insert sarcastic remark here) so he ended up visiting Iran instead.  Because you know Iran is so much safer??   Well it looks okay in that picture anyway.

Side story!  Once upon a time at T.M. Roberts in Mr. Minnis' grade 6 class, we had to do a report on a country.  I don't remember how it was decided who got what country, but I did my report on Iran and Cam did his report on Iraq.  There were a few arguments on which country was better, Iran or Iraq.  Looking back on at it now, it's not like one was better than the other, it's more like which is less bad.  Although, to be fair Iran didn't get invaded...twice.  Sorry Cam.

No comments: