Sunday, April 30, 2017

Stick 'em up

This month I got a got a new phone.  The plan on my current phone was expiring, so it was time to renew it and I might as well get a new phone while I'm at it.  When I say "new" I don't mean the latest model, I just mean it's new and fresh from the box.  I got another Samsung, a Galaxy S5 Neo, and just last week the Galaxy S8 came out.  You see how even though I got a "new" phone, I'm still three years and phone models behind.  Classic me!  At least it doesn't have a crack right across the screen like my old phone.


I got it through PC Mobile because I get 25% off my plan because I work at Superstore.  Also, the phone was free, it was free with a 2 year plan.  As a total bonus I got 200,000 PC Points with that phone.  If you don't collect PC Points that $200 in free groceries, or whatever I want at Superstore, its too bad we don't sell video games anymore.  There are other phones that offer PC Points, but usually like 50,000 and for whatever reason that particular model got 200,000, so I'll take it.  I got $200 and a new phone?  

As I said my old phone has a crack right across the screen.  I didn't use a case on it and then it fell out of my work locker and landed face down.  I'd like to try and avoid that with my new phone, but finding cases for older model phones in stores is actually pretty hard.  I did find a case for my Galaxy S4 at the Dollar Tree in Cranbrook.  I figured I'd give a try and went to a Dollar Tree here in Calgary.  I managed to find a case, although its not the coolest case.


They had this case in two colours, the blue I bought and a purple one.  Even though the packaging says Galaxy S5 and not S5 Neo I thought I'd give it a try.  It does fit, but the case doesn't fit tightly over the edges on the bottom, it's a bit loose. I also found a black case with a kickstand on it, but I could tell it wasn't going to fit, the camera hole was too small.  


I thought the bright blue case was pretty plain and thought I needed to spruce it up a bit.  Since I was already at the dollar store, I just hit up the sticker section and went nuts.  I should've just completely covered the case in the kitten stickers, so no blue was visible at all.



Since the case doesn't fit perfectly it's just a temporary fix until I find a better fitting case.  Looks like I'll have to go eBay to find something.  I doubt it will cost $1.25, although the stickers cost a lot more than the case.

No comments: