Monday, January 9, 2017

KFX

The other night I was doing internet stuff and came across somebody mentioning the Kelowna Fan Xpo.  I had to check it out and see what it was all about.  This year's Kelowna Fan Xpo, or KFX, takes place March 24th and 25th at the Kelowna Community Theatre.  The website is here, http://kelownafx.com/.  It is and I quote, "an annual event that will transport the interior of BC to a world of comics, manga/anime, Sci-Fi, fantasy, horror, gaming, movies, and more."

After checking out the website it's obvious the show is pretty small as the guest list is pretty lean.  They do have a lot of time to add more guests though.  Being small isn't that bad as it's easier to access guests and I'm sure it will grow in the future.  Despite the small guest list there are two people on it I know I'd go see.

1. John Delaney, I've actually met him before and he's pretty cool.  Back when I first moved to Calgary I heard about this comic "thing" that was at some community hall.  I went with Murray and we dragged Elaine along with us.  The "thing" turned was in the gym of a community center and was pretty small.  Guys had tables set up with stuff for sale and John Delaney was there as the one guest artist.  We waited (not long) to meet him and he signed a copy of Adventures in the DC Universe.  He was friendly and easy to talk to and was even doing free sketches.  You'd never get a free sketch from anyone now.  He did a real cool Nightwing sketch for me which I still have framed up somewhere.  At the time he was mainly doing DC stuff, but Elaine asked him for a Hulk sketch and me and Murray were totally embarrassed omg.

2. PJ Fresh Phil!  The YTV legend PJ Phil is going to Kelowna!  If only they can get Paul McGuire for a reunion.  I know he used to be on CMT, but I swear I saw him on ET or ETalk the other day.

I know Cam and Cara probably already bought their early VIP passes and that's why I'm asking them to get me a PJ Phil auto.  Thanks guys!!!

No comments: