Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Almost

I had Monday and Tuesday off this week and I almost...almost made a quick trip back to Cranbrook.  But then I didn't.  Looks like I'll be going back for the last weekend of this month anyway, so it's no big deal.  Avery has a hockey tournament in Cranbrook that weekend, but most importantly I need my Christmas presents!

So with two days off in a row I could probably be get a lot done, or I could sleep in, watch TV, play video games and eat chips.  Guess which one I did?  I also even briefly left the house to buy groceries on Monday and then Tuesday I went to the thrift store where I spent $3.00 on movies and CDs.


Here is an out of focus shot of the two CDs I got, Smashing Pumpkins and the Golden Eye soundtrack.  I finally have an actual copy of Machina/The Machines of God.  This whole time I've been using a copied version Cam made me.  I'll still keep the copied Cam version because it has bonus tracks on it.


The two movies I got, but since The Hire was in a CD case the lady rang it up as a CD, so I paid 50 cents for a CD instead of $1.50 for a DVD.  Yes!  I already own a copy of The Hire, so paying 50 cents is cool, but $1.50 would've been too much.  That said, it's available if anyone wants it!  I watched this afternoon, so I'm done with it.  The cover says "Widescreen Presentation" and yes the films are widescreen, but they're not anamorphic widescreen, so you got the black bars on the top and the sides.  It's kinda of annoying.  After watching the movies I think Cam should try and replicate all the stunts from movies since they just used factory cars and not heavily modified stunt cars.  


I also found this awesome sweater, but unfortunately it was too small.  It was grey and it said "Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back" on it in coloured text.  It was simple which I liked.  It actually looks exactly like this!


The one thing I really hate about thrift store shopping it when you find a really cool shirt or jacket, it's never your size.  Happens all the time.  I almost bought it for Cam, but then remembered he's more of a Star Trek guy.

No comments: