Thursday, October 13, 2016

Yub nub

I was browsing the Google Play store on my phone and in the "New + Updated Games" section I saw an app called Star Wars Movie FX.  Hello, instant download!


The app is from Hasbro and it does two things, the Star Wars FX part and an operating remote control app for one of their new Rogue One toys.

Once in the video FX category you can choose from over fifty different FX, unfortunately they are all locked except for five.  The other videos can be unlocked using credits.  Credits can be earned by making videos, scanning Hasbro toys and by fulfilling missions aka achievements.  I have no problem with this except some achievements require you to own the remote control AT-ACT which I'm not even sure is available yet.  Making a video earns you 30 credits, but that doesn't seem much when the most expensive effect costs 9,100 credits to unlock.  You can "buy" credits by buying toys and scanning codes which are found inside the packaging.  I went to the Wal-Mart toy aisle today and was all ready to scan some QR codes, but then figured out that would be too easy as the codes are on the inside.  Someone should put scans of the codes online then we could all get them for free!

Since I only had five free FXs to choose from it was slim pickings.  The free ones are BB-8 Roll On, X-Wing Strafe, Stormtrooper Shot, Ion Cannon Blast, and R2-D2 Electro Shock.  I quickly threw a clip together and by that I mean I added music and extra "dialogue".   I probably over did it, but whatever.


The app is free, but it's going to take a lot money to buy toys to unlock FXs or a lot of grinding (making and deleting videos) to earn credits to buy the FXs.  Give it a try and make yours today!  Also, the second trailer for Star Wars: Rogue One is out, so have a look!

No comments: