Sunday, September 11, 2016

Suck it up

I was looking around in some boxes in my basement when I found this awesome Build A Straw kit I bought long ago at the dollar store.  It was another cheap thing to be featured in a blog post, but then it got put away and I forgot about it.  Luckily I found it because it was either a blog post about this or how my jeans ripped the other day.


I've never seen a straw with that many pieces.  The fanciest straw I ever had was bendy at the top.


So many pieces, I don't even know where to start!  The possibilities are endless...


Can I make something as cool as this kid?  I mean, he's drinking from three different cups!  Wow!  I wonder if I can make a straw that will let me drink from four cups!


After a lot of differents attempts and failures, this is my final straw design.  It has clean simple lines and as they say, "less is more".

3 comments:

Cara said...

Yours is way cooler than the kid's because of refraction. Duh.

Keef said...

Science words!

mike said...

Sweet meniscus.