Monday, July 18, 2016

Boom Diggity

You like Pringles chips right?  Of course you do, everyone likes Pringles including me, so when I saw a can of Hot Dog Pringles I knew that eventually I'd be trying them for better or worse.  You think after the President's Choice Hot Dog chips I would've learned my lesson, but obviously not.  Pringles makes good chips, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt.


I saw a display of these at work and would walk by them a few times a day, so it was only a matter of time before I bought a tin.  Sunday when I left work it was pouring rain and not very busy so I bought a tin.  My first question was why the hot dog in the picture only had mustard on it, where is the ketchup?  Then I tasted the chips.

At first there is slight hot dog/all dressed chips taste which then leaves a mustard type after taste.  I know that doesn't sound very appetising, but they are a lot better than the PC hot dog chips.  I think I'll even finish the entire tin, but don't see myself buying them again.  If you want some better grab them quick because they're only around for a limited time only.  Files these under "Meh".


Who knew "Hot Diggity Dog" in English translated to simply "Hot Dog" in French?  That's a bit disappointing since "Hot Dog" doesn't even sound remotely French.  Where is the "chaud"?  That does mean "hot" or "warm" right?  I only took French until Grade 11 where I got a C- which is good enough to get a credit to graduate.  Since then the only French I learn is from food packaging.

No comments: