Sunday, April 3, 2016

Tunez

I was at Phoenix/Melodyia the other day and since I couldn't find any CDs to buy I bought a couple 7" records instead.


The Nirvana one is a "single" from the  Montage of Heck: The Home Recordings which is the soundtrack to the Kurt Cobain documentary, Montage of Heck.  The whole album is stuff taken from cassette tapes the film maker found while making the movie.  It's demos and ideas recorded on cassette, so the audio quality isn't that great.  Still this single isn't too bad audio quality wise, the Sappy demo is good.

The other single is from Beck.  It's too mellow and acoustic for me and one song is all countryish with twangy guitars.  I was hoping for something "cooler" since the single was produced by Jack White who also plays on the two songs as well.  I guess they used all the cool up on the cover photo.

And speaking of cool here is country music star and Jaffray native Dean McWhinnie rocking the red carpet at the Junos.


He needs smaller sunglasses and a larger cowboy hat.

No comments: