Thursday, November 26, 2015

Five bucks

Today I went to Phoenix Comics/Melodyia Records to pick up the new issues of Archie and Jughead, but they didn't have any.  The fact that I'm writing this post means I didn't leave the store empty handed.

I got a couple used CDs from Melodyia and when I started looking at a stack of 45s hidden away on a bottom cubby hole the guy just said, "You can have them all for five bucks."  I'd be insulting him if I didn't take him up on that offer, so I had no choice but to take him up on his offer.


That is a stack of 45s that five bucks will buy you.   There are forty records there, well forty-one since one is a double 45 set.  But are any of those any good?


There are nine records by this Pierre Perret guy.  He's a French singer and by French, I mean real French, not French-Canadian.  There are actually a couple other French records in there as well.


SLAYER!  In addition to old 70's French records there are some new records from the last decade or so, but most them I've never heard of.  I guess I'm not cool enough.  Anyway, I know Slayer.


Of course, I've also heard of these two punk bands, but I don't really like NOFX.  There were also some records with out picture sleeves that were just in plain sleeves.  It was all 70's/early 80's stuff like The Beatles, George Harrison, CCR, Led Zeppelin, The B-52s, Heart, Fleetwood Mac, Spoon, Tom Petty and Blondie


But forget about all the other records because that five bucks was worth it just for the cover of this record.  And I mean just the cover, I don't even care if there is a record inside.  Look at that crazy French bastard!


If anyone needs a new avatar pic, here you go.

No comments: