Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Aye! Aye!

Cam mentioned in an e-mail he sent me last week if I had tried any of the cereals that Cody brought back from the States, and at the time I hadn't.  I didn't want to disappoint poor ol' Cam, so I buckled down and tried the Cap'n Crunch branded cereals.


The boxes got Cap'n Crunch's name and picture on the them, but they really got nothing to do with Cap'n Crunch.  Quaker Oats is just using the Cap'n's good name to sell some lame cereal.  At first I wasn't that interested in them, but then I saw that both cereals were made with "sweetened corn & oat cereal" just like the original Cap'n Crunch, so I figured I'd give them a shot.

The Sprinkled Donut Crunch looks like it might taste like the original Cap'n Crunch just in a circular form.   The donut sprinkles don't taste that great, so overall, meh.  I had higher hopes for Oops! All Berries which I don't even know why Crunch's name is on the box, it's the exact opposite of Cap'n Crunch cereal.  I'm always up some something berry/fruity flavoured, so I hoped this would be good, but it wasn't.  The cereal tasted vaguely fruity, maybe it if had a stronger "fruit" taste I would've liked it.  I don't think I'll be having seconds of either of these cereals.


Don't worry, there are lots more crazy Cap'n Crunch flavours like Crunch Berries, Peanut Butter Crunch and Chocolately Crunch.  I've seen the commercials for Crunch Berries which is Cap'n Crunch with the berries added which spun off Oops! All Berries.  Peanut Butter Crunch doesn't look good at all.  While I like chocolate, even Chocolately Crunch doesn't sound that good.  I'll just eat some Crave instead, that stuff rocks.  I like original Cap'n Crunch and I'll stick to it any day over these gimmicky cereals.  Unless they make a strawberry flavoured Crunch, then I'm all over that.

No comments: