Monday, June 30, 2014

Down in the basement...

Hey, let's go down in the basement.  There is something I want to show you.


Don't be scared, it's not that bad.


Okay, maybe it is!


Here it is!  It's a Hitachi Video Disc Player that I bought at Meloydia.


It also came with a 50lb box of movies.


In addition to Elvis On Tour there is also a bunch of concert discs, Airplane, Charlie Chaplin, Death Wish and Tom & Jerry.    Raging Bull and The Blue Brothers are also in there, but they are 2 disc movies.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten it to work yet.  I had it hooked up, but I had to buy a new co-axial cable for it.  It turns on because a green light tells me it's on, but all I get on the TV is static.  I even tried channels 3 AND 4!  I'll have to give it another try.  If I can get it to work I can always hook it up to my DVD Recorder I got from the thrift store and record the video discs to DVD.  Technology!!

No comments: