Sunday, January 26, 2014

Slow boat to China

I finally got around to mailing a package to Murray today.  I had originally meant to send it before Christmas, but I dragged my feet on that one and knew he wouldn't get it in time anyway, so I held off.  Then I thought I'd send it to him in time for Chinese New Year, but it looks like I'm going to be late for that too.

I went to the postal outlet and got the prices for the different shipping rates.  The first was like $23 which came with or without tracking for reason at the same price and either option would take 6 to 8 weeks.  WHAT?!  Why would it ever take that long?  And what's the point of even getting package tracking if it's going to take that long to get there?!

The 6 to 8 week option was unacceptable, so I went with the next one which cost me $48.66 and should take 2 - 3 weeks by air.  I taped the box up with my Canadian flag packing tape, so they know it couldn't possible hold anything illegal like weapons, drugs, or bootleg movies.  Hopefully, it won't get opened, but it is noisy if you shake it, but that's because of the the candy inside.  Still the contents of the box, which wasn't all that big, only cost about half of what it cost to ship to Taiwan.  Damn you Canada Post!

Hey Murray, check your mailbox in 2 to 3 weeks!

No comments: