Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas is coming

I've been slacking on my Christmas related posts.  It's not that I don't have anything to write about, it's just I haven't been very good at making time to write them.  I found some Pillsbury cookies that I bought and put in my fridge and then sort of forgot about.  Last night I was going to "bake" and blog it because it was super easy.  Turns out I was all out of aluminium foil, so I had nothing to line my dirty old baking sheet with.


I'd say something like "so easy even I can do it" except I can't.  Last time I made these type of cookies they came out a little burned.  Anyway, I scrapped the cookie idea and fell back on another Christmas post.


I watched this!  It turned out to be one the better TV Christmas specials I've seen.  Yes, there was some signing, but it's Pee-wee, so it was pretty funny too.  It's starts off with Pee-wee finishing up his Christmas list and giving it to Reba to mail to Santa Claus.  Various people and celebrities all stop by to wish Pee-wee a merry Christmas and everyone gives him a fruit cake.  At the end Santa shows up and tells Pee-wee that his list is too long and if he gets everything he wants then no other children will get gifts.  Pee-wee reluctantly tells Santa he doesn't need anything and they go off to deliver presents to all the kids.

Some of the best parts are when Pee-wee forces Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello to hand make 1000 Christmas cards and when they finally finish he tell them to make envelopes.  Also, when Ricardo tries to teach Pee-wee how to pronounce "feliz navidad".  Feliz blabbyblah!  I could go on!  Pee-wee also has an addition added to the Playhouse made entirely out all the fruit cakes he received.

I was going to write a post last night and have some screen caps, but then I was too busy packing and picking out what CDs I was going to take for the drive.   Since I'm posting it now, it's obvious I'm back!

I worked this morning for a half day shift and then came home and loaded up the car and drove back.  The weather in Calgary was pretty nice, it warmed up and it was all blue sky and sun.  Then I once I got close to the Crowsnest it turned to rain, then snow and the road conditions went from "bare" to "what road?"  I was making good time until I hit the snow and it totally slowed down.  I was pretty much stuck in pockets of traffic all the way back to Cranbrook.  The weather and road conditions seemed to changed every 20kms of so, it was pretty annoying.

Anyway, I'm glad I made it back, so now I can relax and do it all again on the weekend.  In the meantime I'm busy unpacking my car.


The back of my car right before I left and it is packed full.  It's not coming back with me...I hope.

No comments: