Saturday, November 16, 2013

End of an era

I write this post with a heavy heart as I have bad news to tell everyone.  I'm not sure how to put this, so I'll just come out and say it, XBox gaming legend DiesEazy is no more!  Bow your heads and observe a moment of silence for one of the greats.

Everytime I go to log in to XBox Live it wants me to verify my account by entering my password and the problem is that I don't know my password.  I can't reset my password because my DiesEazy/MS account is linked to my Hotmail e-mail which is the same password, again I don't know that password.  I haven't accessed my Hotmail account in like three years.  A long time ago my account was accessed or someone tried to access it, so I changed my password, deleted all my old e-mails, contacts, etc just in case someone got into my e-mail.  Then I promptly forgot my password, but I was using gmail by then, so I didn't care at the time.  Now it's all coming back to bite me in the ass!  I can't reset my Hotmail password because when I fill out the form it always tells me there isn't enough information.  Dammit, I set up that Hotmail account way back in 1996 or 97.


So I can actually still play as DiesEazy, but only offline. If I can't verify my account then I won't be able to play online again which sucks because I still have over six months of XBox Live left.  All my hard work, my gamerscore of 44,570 and my awards are history!  I'll admit I suck at video games, I'm a below average gamer, but I worked hard for my unlockables and some of them took some effort to achieve.


I don't know why, but I started a new Microsoft account with the gamertag, keefguy.  I'll have lot of catching up to my old DiesEazy account which will never happen, but I guess it's a fresh start.  Just to break in my account I started playing one of the most underrated video games ever, Rogue Warrior.  Dick!


I also restarted playing Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon just because I had a lot of fun the first time and I wanted to play it a second time.  I just finished Saints Row IV too, maybe I'll go back and do it again.  I have gotten rid of a lot of games I've played as DiesEazy, but that's okay because now I have all the good games that I don't mind playing again.  I wonder what it will take to get Cody to play Burger King's Pocketbike Racer again?

No comments: