Sunday, September 1, 2013

Nerds

I haven't worked a Sunday in so long, it's so awesome and so weird. Now that we actually have a supervisor at work that means I'll be going back to working Sunday's which isn't all that bad I guess.  I do like having my days off during the week.  With another Sunday off it was back to Sunnyside flea market because I figure I should get as many visits in while I can.  I managed to leave without getting any movies from the Blu-ray dude, but I didn't go home empty handed.


Some guy was selling these Pop Century Signature cards from Leaf and I got myself an authentic Curtis Armstrong signed card aka Booger from the Revenge of the Nerds series.  The guy had a few cards, but nobody really cool and I hadn't even heard of some of the other people.  They had a Harry (Dean) Anderson card and a Robert Carradine card.  I guess I should have also gotten the Robert Carradine card to continue the Revenge of the Nerds theme.  It's too bad they used a current picture of Curtis Armstrong and not one from the Revenge of the Nerds/Better Off Dead era.


Cody was saying maybe it's a fake.  Who fakes Curtis Armstrong's autograph?  And then charges only $8 for it?  The back of the card says it's legit, so it's 100% legit just like my Tom Wopat autograph and my Gary Coleman autograph.


It's a friggin' piece of history.

After the flea market we went to the Northland Mall to look for some props and got lunch at Thai Express.  Yellow curry FTW!  Cody then went to the dollar store to buy a gun.


The Northland Mall has a crappy dollar store outside the entrance to Wal-Mart.  For some reason they sell blank Blu-Ray discs and a pretty cool selection of toy guns.  Cody got this one, but I said he should've gotten two because he has two hands.  Makes sense right?  It might get used in a video if we get our asses in gear and start filming.  We keep coming up with ideas for videos and then don't actually film them.  We were planning on doing a sequel to the Indiana Jones video using Star Wars, but so far we haven't filmed anything.  Maybe we'd be more motivated if we got some positive feedback and comments on the last video.  It has 53 views and only two "likes" and one of those was me.  I guess we should be glad we didn't get any "dislike" votes.

No comments: