Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday

At work right now my department doesn't have a supervisor which means I get to do all the supervisor work as well as what I usually do.  It pretty much sucks as this week as I had requested off for vacation, but since we have no staff, it didn't really work out.  I get to make the schedule and since I didn't time off I could at least give myself the weekend off.  Usually, I never get Sundays off, so with not having to work today that meant only one thing...flea market!

Before we left we checked the local Shaw Cable channel to see what the weather was going to be like.

 
 Shaw Cable says it's 14C with some cloud and light showers.
 

Yeah, that looks about right.  Nice job, Shaw Cable weather!

Cody and I went to the Sunnyside flea market which can be good or disappointing, but lately there is a movie guy that sells brand new sealed blu-rays for like $5 - $15 and 3D blus for $20.  I did get MIB 3 in 3D and the killer bee movie, The Swarm. 


I also got a Hot Wheels Mystery Machine for $3.  I've been looking for one of these for a while now, but the old Johnny Lighting ones can go for $20 - $25 on eBay.  This Hot Wheels one is from 2012, so it's more common and cheaper.  That's good so I can totally open it.

Finally swapped out the Pacer!

There were a few other items that were cool like an old Hulk with a parachute and some guy had bin of mostly 80's random action figures.  The pricing always annoys me as some stuff will be labelled, but the guys always say "Let me know if you are interested in anything and I'll give you good deal."  Dammit, just put the price you want on the stuff, I don't want to have to ask about every single thing I think is interesting.  I don't want to have to haggle about it either, I feel so cheap.


After the flea market we drove up 14th Street and went to CB's and had burgers at 11:30 am.  It's a great way to start the day!  I ordered a double Master Cheese and onion rings which was pretty dumb of me because I completely forgot about their awesome spiced fries.  Damn, now I have to go back.  The weather was still nice, so we sat outside on a table covered in racist graffiti. 


Master Cheese!

We finished our burgers just in time for Cash Converters to open!  Even though I had just bought two movies at the flea market and literally have about five dozen discs at home to still watch I ended up buying even more DVDs.  The good news is that they were only $1 each.


Oh yes, Dave Foley in The Wrong Guy!  I had never even heard of this movie until I caught some of it on Encore Ave.  I didn't know what I was missing!  I seen it on Encore a few times, but I always end up turning it on about a quarter into the movie, so I've never seen the beginning of it.  I almost bought it on eBay once, but decided to hold out as I knew one day I would find it.  My patience paid off this time, $1 well spent.  It sucks it's full frame, but at least I can watch all of it.

I also got Rush Hour 2, The Adventures of Ford Fairlane, Summer School and Jersey Shore Shark Attack.  According to the quote on the front of the Jersey Shore Shark Attack DVD, which came out last summer, says "Forget 'The Avengers' we have a new contender for best film of the summer."  Hulk who?  This movie is going to be epic.


I've already made everyone copies of it.  Don't worry Cam and Cara, you each get your own copy.

2 comments:

Cara said...

Well, considering that I actually have Italian relatives who live on the Jersey Shore (and I have actually visited them), I am looking forward to watching my own copy of the DVD.

BTW, shouldn't the Jersey Shore Shark Attack DVD say, "fugget about the Avengas"?

Keef said...

"BTW, shouldn't the Jersey Shore Shark Attack DVD say, "fugget about the Avengas"?"

Way to perpetuate a stereotype about your people Cara! I'm sure some of them can properly speak English.