Monday, June 17, 2013

NSFW V

Today I had an appointment at a cardiology clinic here in town.  It was just an assessment based on my diabetes and what happened to my dad.  The good news is that my heart is totally 100% A-OK.  The bad news is that I had to get shaved.

Hey girls, try not to fall in love, okay?

I had to do some treadmill test and they hook you up to an EKG machine or something to take readings while you walk.  It starts off okay then in intervals it goes faster and the incline gets steeper.  I will tell you that while my heart is okay, I am still completely out of shape.  I only made it to the 11 minute mark and I probably could've pushed myself harder, but I'm lazy, so I said I was done.  I think my calves suffered the most, they were burning up.

In order to get the electrodes on my chest they had to shave it which they did with a cheap ass disposable razor.  It was dry shaved,  then had rubbing alcohol put on it and then the skin was lightly roughed up with a sandpaper like material. Sounds like Cam's Friday night!

Now my chest is all itchy and every time the stubble rubs against my shirt it itches even more.  I suppose I could just not wear a shirt at all.  Problem solved!

3 comments:

mike said...

It's just like astronaut training.. except you didn't get to go in the g-force simulator.

you should've loaded up on cupcakes and jolt before you went in, just to see what the numbers did.

Keef said...

Cupcakes and Jolt? Which numbers are we talking about, my heart rate or my blood sugar?

mike said...

uh, both I guess..

lol, alternately you could have said; 'done'- before they even started the treadmill..