Thursday, April 11, 2013

It's off da hook!


Yes, it actually says that on the label.  I was getting some salsa at Safeway and saw this one and thought I'd give it a try.  He's on TV, so it should be great!


See I told you it said that on the label.  Normally I prefer my salsa (and everything else for that matter) firmly ON the hook, but I decided I'd give it a try and expand my horizons.  It lives up to it's catch phrase and is definitely off da hook, but straight in the garbage can!  It is awful. 

It didn't taste all the great to being with, but almost two hours after eating it I began feeling all nauseous.  I went and took a Pepcid AC and laid down for awhile.  I got up after a while to watch TV, but only made it to my computer.  After not even 10 minutes on the computer I started feeling worse and had to go back to bed.  I got up a bit later to change and almost puked.  I crawled back in bed.

I ended up missing work today, but I'm feeling okay now.  My stomach still feels a bit weird.  My stomach is pretty resilient, so I can usually handle things no problem.  That salsa was the only thing out of the ordinary I ate all day, so that might be what caused my problems, I'm not sure.  Maybe I'll get Cody to try the salsa and see what happens to him.

No comments: