Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Upgrades

Cody has been talking about it for a while, but he finally put his money where his mouth is and bought a new computer.  He's been talking about and then putting it off.  He told Dennis he was going to get on last Saturday, but then he didn't.  Then he told Dennis he was going to get Tuesday.  Dennis told him if he didn't go get it, then was getting a kick in the nuts.


I went with Cody to see if he would get it...and he did!  I guess a potential kick in the nuts was enough motivation.  Although, as AFHV has proved, nothing is funnier than a dude getting hit in the nuts.


That is all the boxes and whatnot piled on the kitchen floor.  I'm not a computer guy, I just use a crummy Acer laptop, so I don't the specs on it.  It's mostly for gaming and will run pretty much anything at max settings.  That being said, Cam you will have to dust off your copy of Battlefield 3 and get back out there, Eve Online is for losers anyway. 

While Cody got a new computer, I got my third blu-ray player.  I replaced my old Sony BDP-S760 with the new Sony, BDP-S5100.  It does a lot more than my old player, but for some reason is like half the size/weight of the old one.


One of the reasons my old player is so big is because all of the components outputs on the back!  Look at 'em all!  My new player only has four jacks in the back, HDMI, coaxial, USB, and ethernet.  The old one had wi-fi, but there wasn't really any content to go along with it unless you had a BD-Live enabled disc.  My new player has all Netflix and a crap load of other online apps/channels, so many that it makes browsing them all them kind of a pain the Sony interface.  At least I can watch trailers on Flixster, surfing on the Billabong channel, game shows on the Russian TV channel.  My old blu-ray also had a USB slot, but would only play music and photos, but the new player has rear and front USB slots that also play video files.

Even the remote is smaller!

While my old blu-ray works just fine for the most part, it for some reason has trouble playing blu-ray discs from Shout Factory which totally sucks because Shout Factory rules.  I'm not sure why this is as it has the latest system update.  That being said, if anyone wants a cheap blu-ray player let me know because I won't rip you off too much.

No comments: