Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Saturday Post

I had Friday off because it was a holiday and if I ended up working then I would've been getting paid a lot more money.  Just another example of "the man" keeping me down.  The weather was so nice, so I took advantage of it by staying inside most of the day.  Well, I went out for some groceries in the morning, but then I came home and played Wolverine Origins on the Xbox, then I played Luigi's Manson of the 3DS and then I finished watched Kamen Rider Kabuto for the second time.  Whew.

Today was another nice day like yesterday, so I decided I should go out and by "out" I drove around to a couple stores.  As I said the weather was nice and most of the snow was almost gone, so I dusted off my Johnny Ramone Vans and put them on.


I hopped in the car and drove to Comic-kazi.  I usually go there once a month, so it was about time.


If it's any help Comic-kazi is located on Macleod Trail right beside A&W.

After buying three comic books it was back in the car and drive down to Cash Converters also on Macleod Trail.  I did not drive directly there on Macleod because there are too many traffic lights and it would've taken forever, so I cut over to Blackfoot Trail and went down that way.


You've heard all about it, but there it is, Cash Converters, located right beside Dollarama.  I went in looking for a Wii game for Logan and Avery, but didn't find it.  It was my last resort as I checked online and no EB Games in Calgary had it.  I couldn't find the game, but I did see this!


A Dean McWhinney, er I mean, a Dean Brody CD!  No, I didn't buy it because it's "country".  Also, if it was so great, then who ever owned it previously never would've parted with it.  I mean, if I like something then I don't get rid of it.  Seriously though, I'm sure it's great.


Forget gaming on my 3DS or my phone, I got this rad portable Radioshack Pac-Man game.  Check out that LCD screen!  It still works and luckily still had batteries in it because it takes the little cell watch type batteries.  The small batteries make it very light weight.  It's a little grubby, but it should clean up okay.  I managed to play it for five whole minutes before getting completely bored which is longer than I thought I'd last.

After Cash Converters I went to Toys "R" Us to have look because Avery's birthday is coming up.  That turned out be a big mistake as it was crazy busy inside.  I had been looking at a pogo stick on the website, but couldn't find it in the store.  I looked again at home and it might be online order only which sucks.  My sister said to get him an outside toy, so what do you think about some lawn darts?

I grabbed lunch at Taco Time as there is one right near Toys "R" Us and got the worst chicken burrito combo ever!


I took one bite and the entire thing fell apart.  It's like the shell just disintegrated and the stuff fell out.  I ended up eating it like a salad with a fork.  This never would've happened if I had gone to Mucho Burrito.  After than I went home and played Wolverine on the Xbox and Luigi on the 3DS and even managed to put in some laundry. 

If the weather stays nice I might go down to Chinatown on one of days off next week.  I haven't been there for quite a while and it's time to make a bootleg movie trip and pick up the new Jackie Chan movie.  Look for some random pictures and an unfocused poorly written story about it soon!

No comments: