Saturday, February 23, 2013

Stuff from the thrift store

I exchanged a couple e-mails with Willie and we were gonna hang out and hit up the thrift stores Saturday.  I wasn't too sure what my schedule was going to be once I got back, but as it turned out I was free in the afternoon.  I sent an an e-mail to Willie after dinner on Friday saying I was good to go Saturday afternoon.  I didn't hear back from him that night, but no big deal because I figured he was out.  Then Saturday morning, the afternoon and now it's 1030pm Saturday and I still haven't heard from him.  I'm sure he's okay, but it turned out good for me because I got all the cool stuff at the thrift stores.


Oh yeah, the Fall Guy truck.  I don't care that it is all beat up and scuffed, it's still awesome.  Thank you, The Cellar!  As it turns out the Cellar is actually now located in the cellar of the United Church.


Willie is not the only Dr. around anymore.


I bought this cool old school calculator.  I just like the look of it.


Not only does it look cool it also boasts an impressive 8 digit dispaly and is powered by a single 9V battery.


It has a jack of some kind, but I'm not too sure what it's for.


Then I got a race car set that was still in the plastic, so I won't have to worry about missing pieces.

I also got other stuff like a Flintstones storybook record, but no accompanying book, some buttons with funny sayings on them like "Dead Kennedys" and some soccer cards/inserts from some British magazine.  I don't care about the soccer cards, but the set also included three player magnets.  I like magnets for my fridge!

Avery was supposed to play during the intermission at the hockey game Saturday night, but he had the flu, so he didn't play which was a bummer.  I went with my mom, Julie and Avery anyway and we watched the Ice beat those losers the Calgary Hitmen.  Right when the game ended a couple fights broke out, but then it looked like everyone had calmed down so we left, but as we were walking out the door I heard more cheering so I'm not sure if they went back at it.  That's good because usually it's a mad rush of vehicles trying the leave the parking lot at the same time.  With everyone staying to watch the fights and excitement, it made leaving a lot easier.


The little guys going at it.  After a bit they tossed out a second puck, so there we like two different games going in.


Shivers was in goal while at the other end the Husky mascot was between the pipes.  The Husky was a total  jerk as when some little guy shot the puck he actually stopped it.  There were a couple boos.

That's it for now.  Hopefully, Willie can figure out how to check him e-mail and we can do something on Monday.  I'm also still hoping to get in some skiing too.  The weather wasn't bad today, it would be nice it would stay that way.

2 comments:

mike said...

-Fall guy truck is awesome, I bet it has done some sweet jumps.

-you're new calculator was made back when math was easy.. it only needed 4 button. ps- you should plug your headphone into it and see if it tells you how to add.

-Race set must be good, it's Champion brand!

-They should just let the little guys play the whole time.. that would be awesome. Probably less fights though.

Keef said...

I haven't set up the race car set because I need to get some batteries for it. 4 D batteries! Those cars are going to go fast.