Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Star Wars Battlefront


I actually picked up a copy of first Star Wars Battlefront game for the XBox last weekend.  I really liked that series, so much so that I have multiple copies of the game.  I originally bought the game and it's sequel on the PS2, so I could play it on Cody's PS2.  Then later I bought both games again on the XBox because they're one of the games that are backwards compatible with the Xbox 360.  I even bought them for Logan too.  If you look hard you can find the cheap, but on eBay they can go for up to $30.

So why hasn't there been a Star Wars Battlefront game for the current generation of consoles?  They were making a third game, but for some reason canned it.  It was an actually fun Star Wars game and it could've been huge on the current platforms.  It's Star Wars, you can pick your soldier class, you got vehicles, big battlefields and you can kill Ewoks and Gungans, so what's not to like?   Online play could've been a blast if they made it similar to something like Battlefield in terms of team size and scope of the battlefront.   The best part is that you could kill Ewoks on Endor whether you were playing as Imperials or Rebels.  Haha!

No comments: