Thursday, January 17, 2013

I'm an idiot

Today I didn't work, so in the morning I had to do boring stuff like go to the the banks, take in the recycling and buy groceries.  After all that lame stuff was done I went to the comic book store!  I went down to Another Dimension in Kensington, a cool place, but I don't visit enough.  I went to pick up a few back issues I missed and since they have so much rad stuff I ended up going home with a few extra goodies.


I got myself a 4" build-it-yourself Superman kit from mixo!  He's all square and funny looking.  Mixo also has other kits in 4" and 9" sizes of DC Comics charaters as well as Masters of the Universe.  The 4" kits look more cute and cartoony while the 9" ones look more like the comic book book versions, but both kits look pretty neat.


The innards of my Superman kit, but where are the assembly instructions?


First, the instructions are on the back of the box and are pretty self explanatory.  Second, I paid $5.99 for 2 cents worth of paper!  I am such an idiot!


The finished product!  It didn't pose any problem putting it together, although I had some trouble with #3 on the instructions.  I was trying to have fun, but it would've been more fun if it wasn't so expensive.  Supes does look nice and I like that he came with a Daily Planet vending machine. Plus I can say I made him all by myself.

There was some hype on the internet about paper crafts a while ago with people making figures and stuff, but at least they were putting them out for free.  You just downloaded the pattern and could print it out on your printer at home and put it together.  Mixo just does that, but charges you for it, but least it's on nice glossy cardstock and I guess you are mostly paying for the licenses anyway.  It is still only paper and prone to being easily damaged.  Right now it's up on my shelf on top of my Blu-rays, so it should be safe.  Till next time I waste my money on something silly!

No comments: