Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Gutterball

Every few years I regale you with stories and pictures of a new rad pair of my shoes.  First it was my Marky Ramone Vans, then it was my Converse Ramones and then...well that's it.  That short list just got a little bit longer with my recent acquisition of a sweet pair of bowling shoes.


I found these at Value Village today and while they are used they are still in extremely good shape.   They look almost brand new with little to no scuffs and good thing they have the anti-bacterial liners.


A classy pairs of Dexters who are considered to make the Mercedes of bowling shoes.  Okay, I don't know, I just made that up.


I think they are a size 11.


Rentals?  Does that means someone rented them at the bowling alley and then stole them?


The biggest disadvantage to bowling shoes is that they have no traction all at.  If wore these outside right now it would be a death sentence.  I'll have to wait until summer or figure out something I can do with the soles.  After a little research online I've seen you can get replacement soles that glue on from smooth to ones with actual traction.  My shoes just have felt under the toe area, so anything would be an improvement.

I am one step closer to becoming a hipster with these bowling shoes, but don't worry it will never happen because there is no way I'll ever be able to fit into a pair of skinny jeans.

No comments: