Monday, January 28, 2013

Better late than never?

For Christmas 2011 I did a holiday countdown with the Star Wars Lego advent calendar.  It was an easy was of getting posts done and was a little fun.  Everybody loved it...I think.  This past Christmas I didn't bother doing it again because I was too cheap to buy the $40 set.  On Saturday I was at Chinook Mall and went into the Lego store there and found the Star Wars 2012 advent calendar on the cheap!

 It's back!

Yes, it's late, but think of it as being early for next year.   It's nice to find something cheap as everything in that store is expensive as I almost bought an A-Wing Lego kit, but it was $30.  I didn't even bother looking at the huge kits for the B-Wing and Executor.  I'll just wait until I find their empty boxes at the recycle bins.


It went from $39.99 to $12.48, that's the kind of markdowns I like.  It looks like this is the second markdown too as the $12.48 is on top of another sticker.  I wonder if I go back in a month if it will be any cheaper?


There is flap that folds down to reveal and big snow scene with spoilers of some of the kits you are going to get.  From this and the front I see a lot of vehicles from Episode 1-3 and I'm not liking it.


The good news is that there are two exclusive holiday themed figures in the advent calendar!  I will take guess that the Darth Maul in the Santa suit is one of them.


The put this disclaimer on the 2012 box, but I don't remember seeing it on the 2011 advent calendar.  Last year's calendar opened up to show a space battle scene and multiple tie fighters, but I was bummed when I only got one inside the calendar.  "But the box clearly shows three tie fighters, but I only got one inside my calendar.  I demand three!"  Maybe they had a bunch of complaints, so put that on there to avoid the wrath of angry mothers.

So be prepared because starting this Friday, February 1st, the 2012 Star Wars Lego advent calendar will commence.  Don't miss a day!

No comments: