Sunday, December 16, 2012

I want candy!

While I was "out and about" as they say on Saturday I went to the candy store.  No, not that candy store, the other candy store, Candylicious.  I found a new candy store quite a while ago, but just yesterday got around to visiting it.  I'm not sure why it took me so long as it is located on Macleod Trail down from Comi-kazi and a block before Chinook Hobby West, so I've driven past it more than a few times.  The location for it is a little sketch as it's in this crummy little mall with a sex shop and "Bongs and Such" just doors down from it.  Something for the whole family maybe?

I went in and was the only customer there and it was weird because the kid working there kept looking at me and waiting for me to buy something.  I felt obligated to buy something because it is a candy store and everyone loves candy.  It was harder as the selection wasn't as good as Gummi Boutique and they didn't even enough weird candy.  No toys or anything and they didn't even have a single bacon flavored item.  What the heck? !  I still bought some junk though.


That's all I got.  The Power Poppers are for Logan and the Garbage Can-dy are for Avery.  I bought the Pal-o-Mine just because I thought the name was funny, it didn't taste too bad.  I however did not like the Heath bar which is similar to a Skor bar.  I think it's a crap British chocolate bar.

They did have a lot of Pez, almost the entire wall behind the cashier was covered in Pez.  I asked the kid if they carried sour alien heads and he said he never heard of them.  FAIL!  Most of the store was candy, but one side also had a coffee shop called...wait for it...Javalicious.  I sense a theme here.  Nobody was in the coffee shop, that goes for customers and employees unless the one kid does both.

I checked online, but they don't even have a website.  You can see a commercial for them on YouTube or check out their profile on Yelp.  Through Yelp I found about another candy stores in town with one in Kensington called The Candy Kid, and one place on 17th called Freak Lunchbox.  I'm sure I'll be visiting them sooner or later, although Freak Lunchbox sounds like a hipster candy store.  Damn hipsters, I liked candy before it was cool!

1 comment:

Cara said...

Epic fail.