Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I ain't Lion!

Today I went and checked out the candy store over in the Glamorgan shopping center to look for some Christmas stuff and maybe something for me if I saw something that caught my eye.  I've written about this candy store before and how I only bought a few things, but it was a pretty expensive trip.  Even though the sign outside the store simply says "Candy" the place is actually called the Gummi Boutique.

Since this was only my second time there I felt I should buy something (but no $16 cases of Diet Coke) and it's not too hard to find something to get as it is a candy store.  I still needed a couple small things for Matt this Christmas and got him some bacon gum because everybody loves bacon.


The amount of bacon products they had was crazy.  They had bacon lip balm, bacon mints, bacon breath strips, bacon fizz tabs, bacon frosting, bacon lollipops and the list goes on!  It is a bacon renaissance.


This will go good with my Hello Kitty advent calendar plus they sound pretty awesome.  Of course, they taste nothing like cupcakes and I was totally disappointed.  They should've just made them bacon flavoured, you can't go wrong.


This chocolate bar just looks bad ass.  I have no idea what it's supposed to taste like, but the name "Lion" is cool and sounds tough.  My chocolate bar can beat up your chocolate bar!

Outside the store on the walkway they have a wooden teddy bear character stand up with the top half being the bear and the bottom half being a chalk board that they write the specials on.  While I was waiting to pay some dead beat burden on society walks up and starts yelling the bear stand up and gets into an argument with it.  WTH?  The girl at the till tells the other guy working about what is going on and the guy goes the door.

Candy guy: "What are you doing?  The sign is expensive just leave it alone."
Skid row bro: "What are you gonna do call the cops?"
Candy guy: "Yeah good idea, I will call the cops."
Skid row bro: "Hey, come on man, it's Christmas!"
Candy guy: "Then leave the bear alone."

It was only 3pm, but the crazies were out getting an early start.  What a shame, even candy stores aren't safe anymore.

2 comments:

Cam said...

Oooh Gummi Boutique, sounds classy and sophisticated! Or maybe not:

http://gummiboutique.com/2012/10/28/live-the-dream-with-your-cat/

Keef said...

Yep, I saw those. That is the kind of thing you put on your cat if you want him to either run away or kill you as you sleep.