Thursday, November 22, 2012

Returned

Hey everyone, I'm back in Calgary.  I got back yesterday and the drive back absolutely sucked.  When I left Cranbrook it was raining which turned to slush just after Jaffray which then turned to snow, back to rain, to slush then to snow which was coming down lightly, heavily, lightly, not at all and then heavily all the way back to Calgary.  Make sense?  What that means is that a four hour drive took me just over five hours.  Lame.

After everything that's happened recently I was looking forward to going back to work this morning and getting back into my routine.  Until I actually got to work and was like, "This sucks!"  Now I'm working nine hour shifts for six days in a row.  That will keep me busy plus once I get home I'm playing Halo 4 co-op with Cody which is cutting into my blogging time.

When Willie and I were cruising the thrift stores I finally found out where The Cellar went, they moved to the basement of the United church.  It's a smaller space, but I like it.  It seems to be the lesser known of the Cranbrook thrift stores which is probably why I have a soft spot for it.  Also, I once bought a pair of almost new $120 Rockport shoes there for $5.


This time though I got this old timey looking motorbike dude there and he was free!  Well, I did buy a $2 watch for Avery and a new $5 iPod case Logan, so it is not like I didn't spend any money there.  I'm sure he's supposed to have a track and/or jump, but he still looks pretty cool with out it.

Hot dogging!

When we were at the Hospital Aux and weren't busy playing with bed pans, Willie was finding KFC Christmas records.  He found two official KFC Christmas albums which were opened, but still had the plastic on them.  One had Colonel Sanders in a Santa suit on the cover and everything.  After that, every thrift store we went to had the same KFC Christmas record.  In all my years of looking around thrifts stores I've never seen a KFC Christmas record, then we see them at every thrift store we visited in Cranbrook.  What's up with that?

4 comments:

Cara said...

Does the KFC Christmas record include such favourites as:

-Colonel Sanders is Coming to Town
-I’m Dreaming of a White Breastmas
-The 11 Herbs and Spices of KFC
-Rockin’ Round the Chicken Bucket
-All I Want for Christmas is My Two Piece Meal
-Drumstick Wonderland

If so, now you know what to get me in place of the cervical traction kit.

mike said...

My favourite obese/racist/trans-fat/ pro-animal cruelty/holiday album of all time..

Keef said...

Cara, it seems you put a lot of thought into coming up with KFC chicken themed Christmas songs. That is scary, although I give a thumbs up to "I'm Dreaming of a White Breastmas".

Cara said...

Yes, Keith, I agree. I have too much time on my hands.