Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Makit Happen

Earlier I issued Cam and Cara the GifBoom challenge which they accepted and totally schooled me on.  Then on a trip to Chinook Hobby West I picked up a couple Makit & Bakit sets because Cara said she was "an avid Makit & Bakit maker and baker".  I got two sets, one for Cara and one for Cam and issued the Makit & Bakit challenge to see who could makit and bakit better.  Will it be the seasoned veteran Cara or the noob Cam?

I mailed out the kits along with my Finish samples to Cam and Cara.  After making a funny picture with the Finish they set their sights on Makin' it & Bakin' it.  I actually had a picture of the kits still in the packages, but it got deleted somewhere a long the line.  A picture is worth a thousand words, so the more picture I have the less I'll have to write.  Anyway...


The kits all ready to go into a preheated oven at 375F for 15 - 25 minutes.  How long did you guys put them in the oven for?  I think my first attempt might have stayed in the oven for too long, that's why it cracked.


The finished product!  Looks good guys, but when Cam e-mailed me the pictures I had to reply and ask who made which one.  Cam replied, "Cara says it should be obvious that she made the good one and Cam made the crummy train."  I'll admit the house does look pretty darn good, while the train has lots of air bubbles.  But!  I like the addition of the red bits inside the wheels of the train, nice touch Cam, very creative.

I would like to vote for Cara's house because technically it is the best, but I'd also like to stand by the old "bros before hos" rule and vote for Cam's train.  If it have to make a choice I'll take the easy way out and declare it a tie!  Everybody wins or maybe everybody loses!  Whose do you think is the best?


Cam proudly displaying his train!  He looks pretty happy, maybe a little too happy.  It must be all the fumes.  Did you guys open a window?

Last time I was Chinook Hobby West they even had Makit & Bakit accessories like stands, hangers, and even a mobile kit.  They even had some cool Makit & Bakit Christmas themed kits of Disney characters like Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Pluto.  I might pick one up next time I there.  Although, since they are licensed characters they can charge more, like a whopping $4.99!  I'll have to save my garbage quarters.

3 comments:

WiLL said...

I Vote for change, I Vote for Hope, I Vote for CAM!

mike said...

Pfft Whatever Willie, Cara is obviously the brains behind both..
I vote Cara, Because CAM IS NOT THE BOSS OF ME..

Keef said...

One vote for Cara and one pity vote Cam, it is still a tie! Oh, the suspense!