Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Go Joe!

When I was back in Cranbrook in October my dad was telling me about some race that Joe Detta was entering in New Jersey, a mud race or something.  When I talked to my mom on the phone last night she was telling me about it because it was in the Townsman and Joe's team of 4 came in 3rd place.  Nice one Joe, congratulations!

This morning I was doing some research online to find out more about this mud race for this post.  The event was called The Toughest Mudder and took place in Englishtown, New Jersey.  I just assumed it was some race with trucks or something, but no, it's a foot race.  You have to race on foot through military style obstacles.  My hats off to Joe as it just got real!  You have to be in pretty damn good physical shape to finish one of those course, but Joe's team did it in third place!  It's almost enough motivation to maybe get me exercising more...almost.

Nice one Joe!

 If you'd like to know more, I stole the following from the Falkins Insurance Facebook page.
Miles Chisholm, Mike Honeyman, Matt Johnson and Joe Detta competed this past weekend in the Worlds Toughest Mudder in Englishtown New Jersey. The team, dubbed the "Cranbrook 4" started with 1,300 other competitors and finished, as a Team, in 3rd Place. Falkins Insurance congratulates you all on your dedication, perseverance and commitment to teamwork. A truly spectacular result! Well done!
There was a real bad picture of the four of them too, but you can make out Joe.  I think he has the white toque on.

No comments: