Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The good old days...

I'm back!  Before I left Cranbrook I had to get gas and stopped by the Petro Can by Taco Time, but for some reason all the pumps were roped off, so I had to go over to 7-11 to fill up.  I swiped my cards and put in my payment and stuff and put the nozzle in the tank and for some reason it wouldn't let me select the grade of gas I wanted, it just gave me premium.  WTH?!  I was too lazy to try to cancel it and start over, so I just put the premium in it at $143.9/L.  My car never had it so good, it practically drove itself back to Calgary.  The drive back was a lot smoother than the drive down despite a lot of smoke through the park as I went the north way.  Visibility wasn't an issue, but it smelled like I was sitting next to a campfire.

When  I was back I had a few hockey cards I had recently acquired and wanted to put them with all my other old hockey cards.  That meant going through some boxes to find my hockey cards.  While doing so I came across a bunch of old pictures.  I have pictures in photo albums, but a bunch pictures never got around to getting in an album or anything.  I did the same thing I did before and took some pictures of the pictures.  Please note that the quality isn't the greatest.  I didn't grab pictures of everything I wanted to, but here are few, or fourteen.

 Catching a huge fish while rocking an In Utero t-shirt.  I don't remember where this was.

 "I'm thirsty.  Hey, this isn't my water bottle!"  From the same trip and remember kids, bear spray is not a toy.

 Don't let the hair fool you, yes that is Willie and he's rawkin' out.

 I think I stepped in something.

 No, don't leave me!

 I hate caves and I hate Zubats.  Where is my escape rope?  That's a Pokemon reference.

My impression of Ryu from Street Fighter.

Kristian, Michelle, me and Cody on the Lakit Canada Day hike.  I'm assuming Mike or Cam is taking the picture.

Stay classy fellas.

The exhaust hanger broke on Big Blue during the drive up to Lakit.  We patched it with a bungie cord and my bootlace for the drive back.

 From the top it is me, Mike and Murray enjoying some summertime snow.  I don't even remember where this was.  Up St. Marys maybe??

 Cam goes outside for an extreme creek crossing.

 A face only a mother could love.  Murray P in widescreen.

Cam and Mike taking a break.  Why is Cam the only one without a backpack?  What a newb.

As I said there were a few more good pictures that I didn't have to time to get pictures of.  There more hiking pictures and Cam and Mike boot skiing and more than a couple cat pictures as well.  Maybe next time.

6 comments:

mike said...

awesome. that is all.

Cam said...

I don't have a backpack because I made Mike carry my stuff.

Keef said...

If Mike fell off a cliff you'd be sad because he had your lunch.

Mom.S. said...

Cam you just said exactly what I was thinking . . . lol

Kristian said...

Awesome pictures! I haven't aged a bit! I still have that boonie hat and still wear it from time to time at work while trying to look ninja in the bush.

As for the top picture....is that Bear Lake?

Kristian said...

Awesome pictures! I haven't aged a bit! I still have that boonie hat and still wear it from time to time at work while trying to look ninja in the bush.

As for the top picture....is that Bear Lake?