Saturday, August 11, 2012

Made it.

I got back to Cranbrook today just after 1pm and another mind numbingly boring drive.  This time it was even worse than usual!  I turned at Nanton to go over to Hwy 22 and discovered they were having some stupid bike race on there, so there we idiots on bikes all over the place.  I love how they would put the Aide Station practically directly on the road, so when all these clowns are stopped at one they are literally on the road.  Real smart.  The spandex must be cutting of the blood supply to the brain.

That was me driving back to Cranbrook.  Except I wear glasses.

I finally got out of that and it was smooth sailing until I hit a parking lot once I got to Sparwood because of road work there were it was down to one lane.  It was just a huge line of trucks, semis and RVs.  Also, towards Fernie there was a lamp shade in the middle of the road.  WTF?  And of course right before Cranbrook there is some hick driving his tractor down the highway at 40 km/hr.  I'm surrounded by frickin' idiots!

I made it back and luckily I won't have to go back for another ten days.  I got back this afternoon except my parents went out tonight and they are going out Sunday night too.  Monday morning they are headed out to Osoyoos leaving me home alone.  Well, the dog is here too, so I have to look after her.  On Thursday I'll go over to Kootenay Lake to meet my parents there.  I think we will be going to Nelson on Saturday.  It's back to Cranbrook on Sunday.  After a day off, it's back to Calgary on Tuesday.  I will probably see Willie one of those days, but he might go to Calgary for a few days, so we're not sure when.  Dude, I just came from there!


And my parents have got a real nice lawn ornament since last time was I back.  It's not quite rusty enough though.

No comments: