Friday, July 20, 2012

CSB

This morning I left for work and on our street a few houses down I see a pair of weird birds on the front lawn.  I wasn't even sure what kind of birds they were, maybe a type of grouse of pheasant.  After some online research I found out they were grey partridges.  I don't think I've ever seen a grey partridges and now I'm seeing them in the suburbs?  Two partridges just hanging on some guy's front lawn.  The best part was that about eight feet behind the partridges was a big fat tabby house cat all crouched and wide eyed look on his face like he just won the cat lottery.  If it were a Looney Tunes cartoon he'd have BBQ bird carcasses spinning in his eyes.  I was a bit conflicted out of concern for the birds, but still thought it looked pretty funny. 


I'm still kicking myself for not getting a picture.  I was driving and my phone was in my bag and turned off, but I still should've tried to snap a pic.  It was a once in a lifetime chance!  Damn, I'm such a loser.  I'll be ready tomorrow morning just in case.

No comments: