Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pizza Party!

The other day Cody and I were out and decided to get something to eat at Taco Bell.  Why Taco Bell?  Because it was either Taco Bell or KFC, so it was pretty much the lesser of two evils thing.  When we pulled up they had big posters hanging in the window proclaiming that Mexican pizza is back!  I never knew such a thing existed, let alone was already here before, then left, then came back.  I had to eat it.

Make a run for the border.

There is the Mexican pizza big box combo meal.  I was a little disappointed it didn't come in an actual box.  Why call it a big box combo if there is no box?  That's most blatant case of false advertising since the Neverending Story.  Oh, there is a drink there too, but it's out of frame.

I'm sure you've guessed the "pizza" is the thing in the bottom left hand corner.  It's a layer ground beef and beans sandwhiched between two burrito(?) shells with cheese, pizza sauce and stuff on top.  It was surprisingly edible.  The combo also comes with a hard taco, the cinnamon twists and fries.  Taco Bell fries are nasty, so I got tacos and then upgraded them to tacos supreme.  They were supremely delicious.

Even though Taco Bell is less than a 10 minute drive from where we live I rarely eat there.  Maybe only two times a year.  I'm almost ashamed to say I went back a week later to get another Mexican pizza.  I don't know why and I can't help myself.

No comments: