Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Back 2 da grind

I got back to Calgary this afternoon just after 5 pm.  I drove the north way through the park and the traffic was busier than usual and there was some scattered showers.  As soon as I drove into Calgary I got hammered by a hail storm.  Some babies actually pulled over to the side of the road, but it wasn't too bad as long you slowed down.  I hope you guys all had safe drives back to your respective homesteads.  Hope the wedding and associated festivities also went fine.  As long as Cara didn't try and put a snapper in her mouth it probably went off without a hitch.

Just because I'm tired and want to go to bed because I work at 7 am tomorrow here are a couple pictures I took with my phone during my trip to Cranbrook.  It's easier than writing.


This was from the drive down to Cranbrook on Friday on Hwy 22.  It wasn't snowing at the time, but all that snow is pretty fresh, so I knew I was probably going to catch up to the storm that dumped it sooner or later.  Also, never ever take pictures with your phone while you are driving because it is unsafe and against the law.


Here is the water thing I broke my brother's roof harness trying to pull loose.  My dad ended up having to cut it off with a grinder.


Here is my mom's new 2011 Ford Edge.  I got to drive it a couple times, it' pretty nice.  It has a back up camera and you can zoom in it to see the look of horror on people's faces before you back over them.  There is a screen in the dash that displays the camera, but when you aren't backing up it's also has all kinds of commands for the heat/cooling, radio, phone and whole other bunch of crap.  I know you are not supposed to be messing with the touch screen controls because you are supposed to watching the road.  That's why the steering wheel has more controls on it than the entire dashboard of my Matrix.  The Edge also has heating seats which would be awesome in the winter.

My mom almost got a red Eco-Boost Edge.  She took it for a test drive on Saturday and then had to wait for all the paper work to get done on the truck and when they went back on Monday to say they wanted that one, Denham had already sold it.  After getting totally ripped off on the truck trade-in and then having them sell the car they wanted, my dad doesn't trust any car salesmen and isn't very impressed with Denham.  They are all crooked!


I went to the Superstore in Cranbrook and picked up of the new PB & J ice cream to give it a try and the verdict is that it's actually not that bad.  I thought it would be kind of nasty, but luckily I was wrong.  It definitely has a peanut butter flavor to it, but the "j" part is lacking.  Needs more j, then it would be awesome!   They also have a Red Velvet Cake flavor that looks pretty good.

2 comments:

mike said...

Is your super-safe-to-take-pics-while-driving-phone the Galaxy S II X?

Keef said...

My phone is the Galaxy S II LTE. I just got it and it's already outdated.

I think the Galaxy S II X is almost the same as mine, just mine is slightly better. They just came out with the Galaxy S II HD LTE which is a step up from mine. Why doesn't Samsung just change the name of their phones? It is too confusing with all these phones that have ALMOST the exact same name. Make it easy for us dummies.