Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Slow news day

I've been messing around with my phone, but am disappointed that I can't remove the stupid Facebook app from it.  I have figured some stuff out with it and I'm playing around with it a little bit everyday.  When I'm at home I'm on my own wi-fi so I don't waste my data.  For some reason I can't get the phone to connect to my laptop with the USB.  It will charge through the USB, but I have to use an app to download/upload any stuff from the phone to my laptop.  It's kind of a pain, but whatever.  The good news is that I got a free app that let's me turn my phone into a flashlight.  Handy!

I used the phone to call my parents tonight to tell them that I saw Cranbrook on the CTV news with the fire Mike mentioned.  Then my mom told that Paul almost burned down the shop on Sunday!  My dad and Paul built a workshop at the house out back beside the barn and Paul was burning some dead grass and came inside the house for a minute.  My sister drove up and there was a big fire out back.  They managed to put it out with some help from the neighbors.  It almost got the shop, but they got it just in time.  That totally sounds like something my brother would do.

Today I went to the dentist and they started my crown on the tooth that already had the root canal.  For some reason my mouth was a lot more numbed than when they did the root canal.  After my root canal my mouth felt fine and I could even eat right away.  This time I was totally numb and bit my tongue and didn't even realize it.  Now I have this swollen lump on the side of my tongue where I chomped down on it.  I still have one more appointment to go.  They made a mold of my original tooth and when that gets made the temporary cap will come off and the new one will get set in permanently.  In the meantime I'm not allowed to eat anything sticky or crunchy as it might pull off the temporary cap.  Oh man, I really wanted to eat some taffy and almonds too!

The weather here was been pretty nice as yesterday it was +26C.  It was a little cooler today and tomorrow it's supposed to be 19C, but at the end of the week it's going to cool down.  The warm weather has let me open my bedroom window and air some of the winter stank out.  It's time for the spring time stank.

No comments: