Wednesday, April 11, 2012

File under...

...Crap I Bought.

Why are all my posts about crap that I've bought or crap that I've eaten?  Is this what my life has come to?  Talk about depressing.   I had a appointment with the endocrinologist Wednesday morning and it went okay.  It's all good except she raised the dosage of my high blood pressure medicine.  My blood pressure would probably go down a bit if I quit playing video games, but that is unlikely.  Since the doctor's place was right near Value Village I decided to go have a look.  Usually, I don't find too much, but it must've been my lucky day.

I got a t-shirt with a real hilarious and witty remark on it.  You know you aren't cool unless your shirt has funny stuff on it.  Also, having a funny shirt takes the pressure of having to be funny yourself because the shirt does all the work.

Hilarious right?!  Okay, I actually totally don't get it.

I also got two Future Sound of London CDs and one of them is the "We Have Explosive" single.  The single has not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven, not eight, but NINE different versions of the song which is riding the fine line of having too many.  I listened to it soon as I got back to my car and instantly wanted to play some Wipeout XL.  The other FSOL disc is "Accelerator" and has a funky 3D lenticular cover.


Another Chuck movie to add to my collection with Sidekicks.  I have been looking into getting this, but it seems hard to find.  Most copies on eBay are all VHS copies and the DVDs that do show up are from Europe and are used and like to sell for $30.  I got mine for $3.99 and it's still sealed.   I wouldn't want to pay more than $4, but the Chuck Norris vs Joe Piscopo fight is worth that alone.   Next on my Chuck Norris checklist is Forrest Warrior, the one where he can turn into a bear.


I spotted this bag hanging on the wall from a mile away and right away I could tell it had M.U.S.C.L.E. guys in it!  It not only had MUSCLEs in it, but also other 80's mini figures, GUTS and Battle Beasts.


Like MUSCLE, Battle Beasts were originally from Japan and actually were a spin-off of Transformers.  I actually had a couple of these guys, but the ones I had were the early versions when they had stickers on the chest that you would rub to display their elemental power.  The ones in the bag must be a newer version as they have a "prism" embedded in their chest that revealed what element they were when you looked through it.  I guess it worked like paper, rock, scissors as the guys were either fire, water, or wood.  I assuming wood = earth?   But they don't have their weapons!


GUTS!  I never actually had any of these guys who are from Mattel.   I got lucky with this bag because it not only contains all the figures from a complete 10 pack, but also the insert as well.  Now I can learn all their names!  Say hello to the Aikido Force!


The flip side of the insert shows all the guys from Jungle Fighters collection.  The insert shows the guy, their name and what weapon they use.


The Jungle Warriors guys are hilarious.  All the decent code names were already taken by G.I. Joe so the Jungle Warriors had some slim pickings like Beach Bum and Whacko.   The weapons are funny too with Cool Hand's weapon of choice being hand grenades.  This guy goes into a fire fight armed only with grenades?  He's not even wearing a shirt, so where is he going keep them all?  Other guys have stuff like modified PPS-42, custom built M-16 or customized A-15, but my favorite is Dog Breath who uses a souped up M-19.  Souped up??  Is it like blinged out with gold and platinum inlays?


I bought the bag just for these guys, so the other dudes were all just a bonus.  A few different guys in here and some I already have and some I don't.  Some are in better shape than others and some just need to be cleaned a bit.


The previous owners of these guys tried to do some custom work and paint a few of the figures.  They didn't turn out too bad, but some other guys have paint rubbed off on them.  Remember always try to keep your stuff in pristine condition because one day it might be someone else's stuff who finds it at Value Village and they might not like paint on it.

Not a bad day as I actually found some cool swag and then went and ate some Vietnamese for lunch to celebrate.

No comments: