Wednesday, March 7, 2012

ZING!

This came about a while ago, but there is bad news as Hostess has filed for bankruptcy protection.  It seems like it took me forever to find those damn Twinkies for that one blog post and now Hostess is going bankrupt.  Before Twinkies and all the other Hostess goodies disappear forever I had my sister look for some of the stuff we don't get here in Canada when she went down to the States.  I was hoping for some Suzy Qs because they actually look good.  She didn't find any of those, but got me some Zingers.


I had no idea what a Zinger was and when I saw the box I was a little let down.  They are basically a Twinkie dipped in some red stuff with coconut bits on the outside, so it other words they aren't very good.  Now I'm stuck with a box of 12 of them and they expired Feb 10.  So far I've forced myself to eat three of them, but it will be Feb 10 of next year by the time I finish the whole box.  I might be able to convince Cody to eat one.  Even Avery wouldn't even try one and he'll eat anything sugary.  I just should've gone out and gotten one of the Hostess classics like Cupcakes.  I love those things and they are easy to find here.

No comments: