Friday, March 30, 2012

She shoots, she scores!

I got an e-mail from my mom today telling me she won a new truck at Thursday night's hockey game.  What?!  I called her tonight to get more details.  I guess they were selling tickets to win a new Ford F150, but the catch was you have to shoot the puck 3/4 the length of the rink into a ridiculously small hole to win it.  A couple tickets are chosen and my mom's was one of them.  She tried to get my dad to go in her place, but he told her that it was her ticket that won, so she'll have to do it.  She was more worried about just getting the puck all the way down to the net, but somehow it also went in the hole.  I guess everybody started cheering and going crazy and she looked up in the stands at my dad and he is just standing there shaking his head.  She's pretty excited and wants to get a copy of it on video.  It's video taped for insurance reasons.  Just maybe it might find it's way onto YouTube?  Anyway, she should get the truck in about a week, but my parents aren't sure what to do with it.  It's only a single cab, so it's not that practical and it's not like they need it or anything, but maybe they can get a buyout.  The bad news is that the Ice lost and are now out of the playoffs.

4 comments:

Mike said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4th7l4tvkc&feature=player_embedded

just say it on someones FB..

Cam said...

Holy cats! Congrats to your mom!

Keef said...

Thanks Mike, I will e-mail her the link.

Cara said...

Whoa! Totally Awe-some!