Monday, March 12, 2012

Good news/Bad news

I've been meaning to write a post for days now, but when I haven't really been all that motivated lately.  Last week I went to the dentist because my tooth (left side on the bottom near the back) was crazy sensitive to cold.  I was getting pretty painful, so I had to go in to have it looked at.  The dentist said I was going to need a crown and come back in two weeks.  First of all my damn tooth hurts like hell and I don't want to wait two weeks.  I went to work the next day and when I got home after my shift I called the dentist back to see if they could get me in sooner and the good news (that's not really the good news) was that they moved my appointment up one week. 

I'm at home and my tooth starts feeling different.  It's not sensitive to cold anymore, but I can't chew food on it or even clench my teeth together and it's throbbing.  I could probably take my pulse with my tooth.  I called the dentist and went back in Friday morning just so they could have a look.  They changed my appointment from a crown to a root canal.  That is still not the good news!  The root/nerve on my tooth was infected and inflamed and swollen and that's why it was throbbing and  I got some anti-biotics to help with that.  The messed up infected inflamed tooth was also messing up my throat.  I don't know the exact name but the gland in my throat was swollen as well thanks to my tooth.   I had some Tylenol 3 from my kidney stone that I never used, but I'm getting to use them now!

I've been on pills for a few days now and it's definitely better.   My tooth is still a bit sore, but most of the time I don't notice it and I can sleep better.  I still have to wait until Friday to get the root canal done.  I wonder how much it's going to cost?  PS - That was the bad news.

Now the good news, I got a new chair!


It's a real La-Z-Boy!  It has a foot rest that flips up, it reclines and it tilts back.  It's a triple threat!  It doesn't swivel though because the swivel base cost extra.  I don't need it to swivel, just as long as it's pointed at the TV it's all good.  In my old crappy chair I didn't care if I dropped chip crumbs or whatever, but I'll have to be careful eating in the new chair.  It's so soft and nice, don't want to mess it up.  It's almost too nice for me to have, but I guarantee I'll get LOTS of good use out of it. 

2 comments:

mike said...

Maybe you can get a deal if the dentist comes to your place.. You've already got the chair!

Keef said...

I would imagine it would cost more!