Sunday, March 25, 2012

Flippin' thing

For some reason my schedule has give me some crazy days off, Saturday to Tuesday.  Four days in a row?  At first I thought I'd make a quick trip back to Cranbrook, but then I remembered I had a dentist appointment on Monday.  They are going to finish that root canal.  What am I going to do with my four days off?  Well, so far I'm two days down and haven't really done anything at all.

This morning I went to the flea market in Sunnyside.  They have it at the community hall there every Sunday.  I have found a few cool things there before, but usually I'll get up and drive all the way over there to find absolutely nothing.  Luckily, today wasn't one of those days!  I came home with the Captain America Blu-Ray which was brand new, the Fall Guy truck and a robot.

I not only got the Fall Guy truck with original packaging, but also a black plastic protective case.  It's just some random case that happens to hold the package perfectly.  I should stick a picture of Heather Thomas on the front to make it look more official.


It looks like a brand new unopened package, but it's not.  It's been opened, very carefully, at the bottom.  I don't mind this because I can take it out and mess around with it and then stick it back in the package.  I don't remember the truck actually saying "Colt" on the door though.


Safe and sound.

Does anybody remember all the cool robots Tomy made back in the 1980's?  I found Flipbot at the flea market.  Don't let the name fool you as he doesn't actually do flips.  He just drives around and his arms spin around.  If he happens to tip over his spinning arms flip back upright and off he goes.  He has a few scruffs on him, but he still works great.


Back when I was a kid I had a Hootbot, who was a robotic bird.  He came with a perch and would make noises, flap his wings and his eyes would light up.  I also had the Tomy Armatron.  It wasn't actually a robot, but a robotic/crane arm that you could move around with the joysticks.  It came with some balls and stuff you pick up and move around.  I also had the Z-707 Battle Iron Claw which was awesome for grabbing G.I. Joes with.  As you can see I've linked all the robots to a vintage toy robot website, so have a look because robots from the 1980's looked cool.  I want a Dustbot, so he can clean my house.  I wish they made a robot that would cook me dinner.

3 comments:

Keef said...

What? Nobody likes 80's robot? You guys don't know cool. I know that's true because you know me.

Also, I got my root canal done. It only cost $1200 and I still need a crown on that tooth that will cost another $1000. Yipee??

Cam said...

It's a shameful secret that I never owned a cool 80's robot. I do remember briefly obsessing over a magazine ad for OMNIBOT, I wanted one SO BAD.

Keef said...

Omnibot sounds pretty rad. It's like the Porsche of 80's Tomy robots. Don't worry Cam because you can have one for as little as $1500. Wait...WHAT?!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Tomy-OMNIBOT-Japanese-SPACE-transformers-RC-Robot-/140337225751?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20acc02017

At least the shipping is free.