Friday, March 16, 2012

:-(

During my shift on Wednesday at work the shipment of live crabs showed up.  These come flown in from Vancouver and then delivered by courier to the store.  They are shipped in styrofoam boxes with ice packs and damp newspaper placed on top of the crabs.  That's pretty much all they need, just don't go and drop the box.  Usually, they make it to us okay, but sometimes you will find a dead one or two in the boxes.  The order showed up, so I was putting them inside the tanks and at the bottom of one box I found a crab with no claws AND no legs, but it was still alive.  He was moving around his little nubs and well, it was just plain flat out sad.  I felt so bad.


Sometimes crabs show up and they are missing a leg or a claw, but I've never seen one with no claws or legs.  On the bottom of the box there were a few legs and a claw.  What the hell happened to him?!  It was such a total train wreck.  I couldn't put him in the tank because nobody would ever buy him.  Without legs or claws there is nothing to eat.  I did feel bad and at least I put him out of his misery before I put him in the garbage.  I cut him in half and then ripped him out of his shell.  Just don't go tell PETA.  I'm going to eat some vegan Oreos.

2 comments:

Cam said...

Aww, poor little guy. You did the right thing, it was all that anybody could do.

Hey, was your root canal today or is it next Friday?

Also, I went back a few posts and commented in your 'autographs' entry, answer me dammit!

Keef said...

I had the root canal done yesterday and it went pretty good. Not as bad as I was expecting. When you hear people talk about it, it's like the worst thing ever. What a bunch of babies. But it's not done yet, so I'll have to go back AND I'll need a crown on that same tooth anyway now since it's basically "dead".

Oh yeah, I saw you commented on the autograph post and I already replied a few days ago. Get with it.