Monday, January 16, 2012

Not much

Isn't it weird that whenever it gets cold all everyone does is complain about the weather?  Isn't it supposed to be cold as it is the middle of January?  It's winter, what do people expect?  That being said, it is friggin' cold here!  This is probably the first real dose of winter we've gotten this year.  Tuesday it's not actually supposed to warm up, but get colder with a high of -30C.  If we're lucky it will warm up by Saturday.

I haven't been doing much even though I had the entire weekend off.  Usually, I get Saturday off and work Sunday, but somehow lucked into getting both days off and I didn't even ask.  Weirder yet, was I had last weekend off as well.  I will pay for it later because I work both days this weekend. 

On my last trip to Phoenix I saw a flyer about some comic/toy "blowout" on Saturday the 14th, so I went and checked it out.  It was in the Sunnyside/Hillhurst community center and it had free parking, free admission and free hot chocolate.  I actually didn't see any free hot chocolate, but despite that it wasn't all that bad.  It had some cool stuff, but nothing that I really really wanted, but I still managed to spend $25.  I bought Logan the old Marvel comics adaptation of Return of the Jedi as well as the two DVDs for the Clone Wars cartoons.  I bought myself a couple comics and a original trading card set from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.  I was eye balling a Stormtrooper bust, but when I turned my back some fat guy grabbed it.  They also had lots of cheap DVDs and Blu-Rays which they must've got from some video store close out.   All the used movies had some video store sticker stuck on the back of the sleeves.  I'm pretty anal about that sort of thing, so I didn't even bother buying any.  I don't care if the sticker is on the DVD case because I put most of my movies into binders to save space, but putting stickers on the sleeves where they won't peel off is a deal breaker.  Not cool!

On Sunday I didn't do much because it snowed and really there was no place I needed/had to go.  I did clear out the bottom shelf  of my cupboard and tossed out an incredibly old box of cereal. 


I saw this cereal at Costco and when I saw it was Cinnabon cereal I freaked because I instantly thought it would be the greatest cereal on Earth.  I was wrong.  I had exactly one bowl of it and it was terrible, so I put it in the back of the cupboard.  It has stayed in the back for a very long time because the expiry date on it was June 2009.  How can it taste so bad even though it's made with their exclusive Makara cinnamon?  What's the big deal about Makara cinnamon?

On Monday I had to work, but only four hours in the morning, so I still had lots of time to go out and look for stuff I don't need.  I went to Wal-Mart to look for something I did need, but they didn't have it.  Then I went to the Inner Sleeve to look for a replacement 10" sleeve for a picture disc I have, but they were all out.  They did have the Back to the Beach soundtrack LP!


Me and Cody watched this movie not that long ago too.   It's got all your favorites like Surfin' Bird by Pee-wee Herman, Jamica Ska by Annette Funicello and Fishbone and Pipeline by Stevie Ray Vaughn and Dick Dale.  Soon as I got home I put it on the record player and listened to it.  Oh, the 80s!

2 comments:

mike said...

Expiry date of June 2009 means you probably bought it in 2007, I mean how long does it take for suger, flour, and food dye to go bad.. Maybe you could've fed it to the crazy rabbits.

Keef said...

The expired cereal might mutate them and they'll grow to giant proportions and start killing everyone! Haven't you ever seen Night of the Lepus?