Thursday, November 17, 2011

Doctor's orders

Things on the Battlefield 3 front are mixed.  Sometimes I do good and sometimes I do bad.  It doesn't help that I'm constantly put on the worst teams.  The other day I joined a game of Conquest (aka Capture the Flag) already in progress where my team held no flags at all.  I was only in the game for five minutes before it ended and I went 4-1, but was number one on my team in terms of points.  What the hell was everyone doing before I got there?  If I'm the best player on the team then doesn't say much about the other 11 players.

My biggest annoyances with the game have to be some of the spawns.  I've literally spawned into bullets and getting killed before you even get a chance to move can be frustrating.  Also, you can unlock tactical flashlights and laser attachments for your gun that will blind your enemy.  I find these pretty cheap, but they do work.  I don't use them, but that's just the way I play.  The worst is when players on your own team are shining them in your face.  Me and some guy on my team were across from each other in front of a door and he kept shinning his stupid light in my face, so I couldn't see anything and when two enemies walked in the door and I was blinded.  I did the old "spray and pray" and managed to kill them both.  Then I got out of there because next time I might not be so lucky.

So far I pretty much usually play the Engineer class because I like that you can carry a RPG and anti-tank mines.  What can I say, I love blowing stuff up.  I throw down mines all over the place and somebody always runs over them.  I just like sitting back watching and waiting as a tank drives over my mines.  I'm getting good with the RPG too as one match the other day almost all my kills where with mines or RPGs.  I kept kept launching rockets across the map and killing snipers.  The engineers use carbines which lack accuracy at range, so I will just shoot rockets at guys I can't get with my gun.

Anyway, the whole point of this post is for you guys to give me your Dr. Pepper PIN codes.  EA and Dr. Pepper have a deal where you can redeem PIN codes from Dr. Pepper for goodies to be used in EA games.  They did this back for Bad Company 2 and Medal of Honor, but it was only open to residents of the USA.  Luckily, now it's been brought to Canada too, so you can unlock game gear for Battlefield 3, Need for Speed: The Run, The Sims and some older titles too.  I unlocked some camo for my guys from a 500ml bottle I bought this morning.  Also available are some avatar gear and dog tags.  I don't bother to equip my guy with dog tags, but I will get them anyway because I'm OCD like that.  That's why if you happen to buy a Dr. Pepper send the PIN so I can redeem it for some game swag.  Thanks bros.

No comments: