Monday, October 31, 2011

It's Candy Day!

If I read my calendar right this morning then today is Halloween.  I had to work today and it was ridiculously busy, nothing like people leaving things until the last minute to get candy and costumes.  If you'll recall last year at Halloween I went all out and made goodie bags, but then only a few kids showed up.  I was disappointed.  I still bought candy this year, but I wasn't going to make goodie bags if no one is going to show up.


At least I got the name brand candy, but the peanut M&Ms are a let down.  There are only four in a bag!  I remember back in the day Cam was showing me his Halloween loot and complaining about this chocolate bar he got.  It wasn't chocolate, but "chocolate flavored".   A chocolate flavored chocolate bar is still a lot better than getting raisins.  What kid wants raisins?!

3 comments:

Cara said...

You got ripped off. Our peanut M&Ms have FIVE in the bag.

mike said...

^pfft, of course Kelowna gets the special M&Ms, everyone else gets the leftovers.

We didn't even give out peanut stuff, just so there wouldn't be any anaplylactic lawn parties..

We had 9 kids, and four boxes of candy ready. So there are a few leftovers.

Keef said...

We had exactly ZERO kids! At 6pm-7pm every weekday we usually watch EP Daily followed by Reviews on the Run on City TV. After ROTR was on Cody wanted to play BF3, so turned the outside light off because I didn't want any kids interrupting me if I was in the heat of combat.

I got the Snickers assorted box and the Mars bars that were in it were separated packaged because they were peanut free. Do not let them touch the other bars with peanuts in them! When did everyone become allergic to peanuts?