Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Feel the BASS!

A couple weeks ago I did a post about freebies like the free Kashi bar, free Sloan download and the free Pringles speaker.  When I got home from Cranbrook last week my Pringles speaker showed up in my absence.  On the Pringles website it said it would take 10 - 12 weeks for delivery, but mine showed up in only three weeks.  I guess demand for the free speaker wasn't as high as they had expected.  I guess people couldn't be bothered to print out a sheet and go to the post office to mail it in.  Lucky for me I have nothing to do.


What a sexy envelope!  Who cares about boring brown envelopes when you get something in a cool red envelope.  I like it.  I opened it up to find the speaker packed in it's own Pringles box.


The box isn't anything flashy, but not too bad.  The backside has a sticker that lists the box contents; 1 X Speaker built in amplifier and 3 X Duracell AAA batteries.


The speaker is amplified, so it needs those three AAA batteries to output a thunderous 1 Watt of power.  My neighbors are going to hate me!  I do like how they give you the batteries and they are actually decent brand name ones and not some cheap crappy ones that only last 30 minutes.  Now I just have to read the instructions on how to use it.


Holy crap those are the instructions?!  And it's double sided?!!  Okay, only one section of that are the English instructions.  The instructions come in 18 different languages because the world love Pringles.


After learning 17 new languages and reading all the instructions I finally knew how to use my new speaker.  Of course I had to go out and buy another can of Pringles so I could have the can to put the speaker in.  The speaker pops in the top and it's a bit of a tight fit, but at least you don't have to worry about it falling out.  Plug the cord into your mp3/media player and turn the speaker and you are read to rock.  Unfortunately, the sound quality isn't very good and the speaker sounds pretty much the same out of the can as it does inside the can, so what's the point?

The idea of free speaker that fits inside a chip can is pretty cool.  It's too bad getting one is a bit of a hassle and it doesn't sound that great.

No comments: