Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday

With the 20th anniversary of Nirvana's Nevermind what better way to celebrate than release a bunch of stuff to get more money from the fans.  The biggest cash grab is the Nevermind Super Deluxe Edition, yes that's what's called, of 4 CDs and a DVD.  You get the album, plus a bunch of different mixes, studio sessions spread over two discs while the fourth disc is a live set from the Paramount Theatre.  The DVD is the concert footage from the Paramount.  It only costs a mere $128.

I that is too much for you then try the plain old regular Nevermind Deluxe Edition of 2 CDs.  You get the album which has a bonus of added live tracks plus a second CD of rehearsals and studio sessions.  This set is $20 and probably the way to go because you can also buy the Live at the Paramount concert separately on DVD or Blu-Ray if you felt you need it.  It makes you wonder how much other stuff they are hiding away.  I have the Geffen Deluxe Editions for Weezer's Blue Album and Pinkerton and they are pretty cool.

Also out today is the Battlefield 3 multi-player beta.  Last fall I bought the reboot of Medal of Honor hoping it bring the franchise back to greatness.  It didn't quite succeed with an average campaign and a flawed multi-player.  I still put in a dozen hours or so online and while it took me a while to get accustomed to the play flow, I liked it more than Call of Duty.  The one bonus was that if you bought MoH you got in on the BF3 beta.  This morning it launched and I got my code e-mailed to me.  Of course I worked all day, but downloaded it after I got home and played it for about half an hour and then decided I didn't like it.  I like the Battlefield: Bad Company series as I have more the 362 hours invested in online play alone.  The beta played nothing like BC2.  I knew it wouldn't be the same, but I just don't like the feel of the game.  Mostly getting killed by guys you can't even see.  Also, I'm a big crybaby and hate "prone".  I'm almost considering not buying the game.  Anyway, the MoH code only give priority access for a whole two days (big whoop) and then it's out for everyone on the 29th on 360, PS3 and PC.  You going to try it Cam? 

1 comment:

Cam said...

Nope, I don't think I'll be trying it. I bounce back & forth between internet spaceships (EVE Online) and internet tanks (World of Tanks) nowadays.